It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:31 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Note On Sexual Tourism to US Ambassador Harry Thomas Jr
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:02 pm 

Sir,

You are reported in the press today as having said of the Philippines that you personally estimate that "40 percent of foreign men who come here come for sexual tourism". Perhaps you would like to offer some additional demographics to support you estimate, such as country of origin?

I am from the UK I come here for the fantastic scuba diving and other water sports and the thought of sexual tourism has never crossed my mind nor that of any of my acquaintances.

In the absence of some supporting demographic information I suggest your estimate is incorrect and your conclusion are therefore erroneous. And if I was in your position I would immediately apologise for maligning the Philippines and visitors thereto.

If on the other hand you referred only to tourists from the USA then you may be correct, I do not have access to your vast intelligence service.

Truly,

David Montgomery aka UKDude26

Post subject: Re: Note On Sexual Tourism to US Ambassador Harry Thomas Jr
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:37 pm 

Trust an american diplomat can make such a statement in public. Who needs wikileaks when we have the US diplomatic corp in action. Sexual tourism exists in every city in the world since biblical times and before. If 40% are Americans then simply stop four out of ten americans leaving home for the Philippines Mr. Thomas and the problem will be solved.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:19 pm 

Let's be generous: Harry Thomas Jr is probably relying on information that was generated during the 1980s when sexual tourism was probably the main reason "males" came to the Philippines, and to Thailand for that matter. In the 1980s his estimate would probably agree with reality.

In the 21st century the Philippines has matured into a vastly superior tourist destination offering the widest range of tourist attractions and adventure sports of any nation on Earth, and offering more than most at prices that are lower than most.

The Philippine sexual tourism experience is still available in Angeles City but everywhere else it has been sidelined by so many healthier experiences that it almost ceases to exist.

When it comes to tourist attractions and adventure sports the only thing the Philippines has not got is snow.

My advice to Harry is: wake up to the 21st century and get yourself outside the embassy and experience the real Philippines for a while; this is a beautiful country and you do it a great disservice by using out of date information.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:40 pm 

Harry Thomas isn't correct about sexual tourism in the Philippines. Everyone I know goes to the Philippines for the scuba diving or the sailing or for caving and climbing or for Boracay (Boracay is a verb almost these days in Europe); sexual experience is a by-product sometimes, if you are lucky. People of my acquaintance who are looking for a holiday centered on s e x go to Thailand: closer and more well known (featured in more movies). Maybe Harry is trying to promote instead of reduce sexual tourism in the Philippines, in direct competition with Thailand? Perhaps he is trying to do the country a favour?

Go home Harry. Thailand is way ahead of the Philippines for sexual encounters. Filipinas are too pure of thought when it comes to s e x outside marriage.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 4:33 pm 

hello i like u your post