It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:29 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: When Can You Fly To Siargao?
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:45 am 
I heard a rumour that Siargao airport is undergoing an upgrade to its runway and terminal facilities so that the whole island can be promoted as a Philippine holiday destination. I want to write a series of travel stories about Siargao Island and promote the scuba diving, kayaking, hiking and nature conservancy opportunities.

Does anyone know when it will be possible to fly directly Siargao Island and which airlines will be the first to use it?

JS

Post subject: Re: When Can You Fly To Siargao?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 6:08 pm 
Site Admin

The information we currently have is that both Cebu Pacific Air and PAL Express are both planning to fly direct to Siargao within 2009. No specific dates or routes have been confirmed but it is believed that flights would most likely originate from Mactan Cebu airport; from Manila NAIA or Clark DMIA it would be necessary to fly first to Mactan Cebu and then get a connecting flight to Siargao.

The old way to go was via the morning flight of Asian Spirit, from Manila NAIA, to Surigao City and then take the midday ferry service to Siargao Island. Asian Spirit stopped flying this route earlier this year. But you never know, the new Zest Air (formerly Asian Spirit) may fly direct to Siargao once the runway is improved . . . last time I took the flight to Surigao at least 70% of the passengers were actually Siargao bound.

As soon as we receive the inside track from Cebu Pacific Air, PAL Express and Zest we will let you know.

Alitaptap

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

Update from Cebu Pacific Air . . .

Cebu Pacific Air tell us that they will be flying three times a week from Mactan Cebu International Airport direct to Siargao, starting 12th January, 2009. The fare is reported to be Php888 one way, plus fuel surcharge and taxes.

For more information contact Cebu Pacific Air directly.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:01 pm 
Site Admin

DAVAO CITY, Philippines -- Cebu Pacific will service Mindanao's surfing capital, Siargao Island, starting March.
According to the airline, its planes will start flying to Siargao from Cebu about two months before the expected influx of tourists for the annual surfing festival.

"This will make Cebu Pacific the first commercial airline to fly to Siargao. The company will also open in February direct flights from Cebu to Cotabato and Manila-Catarman and Calbayog in Samar; Virac in Catanduanes, and Cauayan in Isabela Province," RG Orense, Cebu Pacific communications officer, told reporters Tuesday.

A Manila-Siargao flight was also being finalized, he said.

Orense said the increase in passenger load also prompted them to add one more flight for the Davao-Manila route. Currently, Cebu Pacific has five Manila-bound flights daily from Davao City.

Inquirer Net Article

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:11 pm 
Does there any other fly company in philipine because the campanies you mention are not suitable for me.I am looking for a different type of company.If you know about some others so please reply me i,m in hurry...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:05 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry to inform you that Cebu Pacific Air is the only airline company currently flying direct to Siargao at the moment, and only from Mactan Cebu International Airport. Other airlines fly to Surigao City where you can take regular daily ferries direct to Siargao.