It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:30 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: The Best Beach Resorts Near Manila
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:00 am 
The Best Beach resorts Near Manila

While I was in Clark Field at the weekend and then at Nomad Sorts Club in Merville, Paranaque, I kept being introduced to people as "the travel writer". I am not the travel writer; I am a travel writer.

The question came up: what is the best beach resort near Manila? I immediately said "none".

But then I thought about the time is spent at the Sanctuary Spa in Maya Maya, Batangas, which was only two hours away, South. And the Coral Beach in Calatagan, a little further down the Batangas coast and takes an extra 30 minutes or so. We used to go to this beautiful beach at Laiya, (near San Juan) Batangas, it was free to use with just Nipa huts on the beach but then someone bought all the land and prevented anyone from accessing it except from the sea - the new resort is in a pretty location but takes up to three hours to get there on a scary (buses, jeepneys, tricycles coming at you from all directions) road. One day the Hamilo Coast will be a good spot if SM ever get their act together and promote it. And then I thought of Montemar in Bataan and of course Subic Bay.

What I actually answered was:
Time wise the nearest best beach resort is probably in Subic Bay - the Lighthouse or the Wild Orchid.
Distance wise the nearest best beach resort is probably Maya Maya.

Was I wrong?

J

Post subject: Re: The Best Beach Resorts Near Manila
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:02 am 

There are so many nice beaches near in Manila specially in Batangas but if you want to experience some of the beaches outside in Manila area, try cebu beach resorts and I''m sure you will love the place and the foods that they can offer to you.

Post subject: Re: The Best Beach Resorts Near Manila
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 7:45 pm 
Site Admin

Here is another idea . . .

About 2.5 hours from Manila is the coastline of Laiya, Batangas, clear water, soft-sand beaches, many resorts with many different rates, and a hamburger with cheese and fried egg for only Php30 prepared by a most talkative 14-year old (when school is out).

If driving then take South Luzon Expressway all the to the Star tollway and exit at Ibaan, follow the signs to San Juan, from there to Laiya. By bus take the air-conditioned bus to Lucena and alight at Candelaria (ask for the San Juan junction) then take a jeep or bus to San Juan, jeeps run from San Juan to Laiya every 30 minutes during daylight.

Travel Tip: on the way back buy roasted coffee beans (or ground) at the San Juan market, only Php220 per kilo; if cooking for self buy fresh dorado (Php120/kilo) or blue marlin (Php220/kilo) at the same market for half Manila price or less; natural chocolate (cacao) also available for very little money. Park at Jollibee and walk around the corner to the market.